if you are looking for easy snacks to make that will hold you over until lunch or dinner then you may find these 10 easy snack recipes useful the next time you are looking for something to munch on quick. I find a really great site that offer lots of great snack ideas that I’m sure you will enjoy also.
1. Sweet Grilled Cheese
- 2 slice of bread
- 1 tsp condensed milk
- 1 slice of cheddar cheese
1. Spread some condensed milk in the bread
2. Put the cheese
3. Put another bread above the cheese
4. Grilled or oven it till the bread turn brown and crisp and the cheese melted
2. Pizza Crackers
- Crackers of your choice
- Tomato sauce
- Your favorite cheese
1. Lay the crackers out on a plate
2. put some sauce on the top of eat cracker
3. sprinkle with cheese
4. put into the microwave for 30 seconds to a minute or until cheese is melted
3. Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1 packet mushrooms
- 1/4 cup onions
- 1-2 green chillies(optional)
- 1/4 cup cheese grated (can increase the amount if you want to)
- 1/4 cup spinach chopped
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 cloves garlic chopped
1. take the mushrooms and remove the stems.
2. in a mixer blend these stems, spinach, onions, garlic, chillies, cheese and salt coarsely.
3. stuff this inside the mushrooms. See to it that you don’t stuff too much.
4. bake in a hot oven for 8-10 minutes. Baking time may vary.
Note-you can even add 1/4 cup cottage cheese(paneer) in this if you want to.
4. Vegetable Crisps
- Carrots / parsnips / any root vegetable
- Little bit of oil
1. Slice the vegetable really thinly (use a potato peeler).
2. Lay them on a baking tray and dress with a bit of oil.
3. Put it in the oven and wait for them to crisp (not sure how long haha i don’t time it!)
(nb – they are supposed to shrink)
5. Cheesy Tomatoes On Toast
- 1 tin of plum tomatoes
- 3 slices of any toast-able bread
- Cheese – mild or strong to suit your tastes
1. Put the tomatoes in a pan and put on a low heat
2. When the tomatoes are nearly heated through then put your bread in the toaster
3. Grate your cheese while your toast is doing
4. Butter your toast place around the plate
5. Pour your tomatoes over your toast & sprinkle on the grated cheese!
- 1 or 2 tortillas (depending on how hungry you are
- As much grated cheese as you want
- Add other ingredients like spring onions, mushrooms, chicken, ham, chillis etc if you want
1. Fill half of a tortilla with grated cheese.
2. Heat a bit of oil in a frying pan
3. Fold the tortilla in half and then cook in the pan on both sides until the cheese is melted and the outside is crisp (this should take less then a minute)
7. Simple Tasty Meatballs
- 200 gm boneless chicken
- 1/4th cup red lentils
- 1 large onion diced
- 3 green chillies,
- 1 tsp ginger and garlic paste
- 1 tsp meat masala
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
Take the boneless chicken. Make slits in the meat. Add turmeric powder, meat masala and 1 tbsp mustard oil over the meat. Mix well. Leave aside to marinate for half an hour. Add ginger and garlic paste and adequate salt to meat plus the soaked and washed lentils and grind the whole thing well in a mixer-grinder till it becomes minced well.
Add the onion and chillies to the mixture. Take the minced meat mixture, shape them in to small balls and roll it in the flour till it gets covered from all sides. Heat oil in a non stick pan. Deep fry balls till they turn golden color. Serve hot with sauce.
8. Yummy Yogurt
- – 1 pot of plain white yogurt
- – cinnamon
- – lemon
- – sugar
- – chocolate
- * means that you could leave this out or use something else in place.
Just get a bowl & put as much yoghurt in as you like. Then just add the cinnamon & sugar. Then rasp the lemon and chocolate so you have tiny pieces, which you also add in the bowl. Then stir well, and you’re done.
Don’t be afraid to experiment with this. It’s your choice how much you add, which ingredients you put in, etc. This is just based on my personal preferences.
9. Liquid Cheese Omlette
- 2 cubes mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder
- A frying pan
1. Cut the cheese cubes into smaller cubes, keep aside.
2. Break the egg in a bowl and whisk with a fork until the egg has been whisked properly.
3. Add the cheese cubes, salt, pepper, red chill powder an mix well.
4. Put the butter in the pan and wait for it to melt and become frothy.
5. Pour the egg mixture into the pan and wait for 1 minute.
6. Using a fork, fold it into two halves.
7. Keep pressing for 2 minutes, and turn sides.
8. Take out on a plate.
10. Miniegg Flapjack
- 500g oats (any porridge oats will do)
- 80g sugar (brown or white)
- 250g butter (not margarine!)
- 4 heaped spoonfuls of golden syrup (i use lyle’s golden syrup)
- 1 pack of cadbury’s mini eggs
1. Mix the oats and sugar in a big bowl.
2. Chop the butter into smaller bits and put in a pan on the hob.
3. Gently heat butter so that it melts.
4. Add the heaped spoonfuls of golden syrup to the saucepan whilst butter is melting.
5. Once butter and golden syrup are all melted and mixed together, add contents of saucepan to mixing bowl.
6. Mix oats, sugar and melted mix until there are no dry oats (all oats should look darker and be coated in the butter/syrup mix!)
7. Squash oat mix into desired shape in a baking tray (i.E. Cupcake sized in a cupcake tray or flattened as one big slab on a deep square tray)
8. Add mini eggs to center and ensure they are covered by flapjack mixture.
9. Place tray into preheated (180c) oven and wait till surface of flapjacks go golden brown (15-20mins)
I found these quick easy snacks to make to be very delicious and really fast and simple to make. If you need more ideas on how to make a quick snack then visit here to find more delicious and easy snacks to make.