Nursing schools in Virginia offer a diverse nurse training program to guide you down the right path to help you get your nursing degree. In Virginia there are all types of nursing degrees and schools available such as:
- Diploma Programs
- Practical Nursing Programs
- Associates (ASN)
- Bachelors (BSN)
- Masters (MSN)
If you’re looking to pursue a practical nursing program or bachelor’s degree you’ll find that there is shorter waiting list than other nursing programs available. An associate’s degree is probably one of the most popular choices among nursing student due to the fact that it’s typically a two year program and likewise the cost is lower. So you can expect a longer waiting list to get into this type of program at nursing schools in Virginia.
Choosing the right nursing schools in Virginia is an important first step to kick off your nursing education. Get this first step right and it will pay off throughout your entire nursing career. Two key factors to a successful nursing program are the curriculum as well as the professors and staff. Nursing schools in Virginia typically have highly respected professors in the nursing field and offer each student excellent training in their nursing programs.
For those who don’t have time to attend classes at a campus everyday you’ll be happy to know that there are numerous nursing courses in Virginia that offer online nursing programs. When choosing an online nursing program, make sure that you choose a program that offers a flexible schedule and the opportunity to receive plenty of hands on training.
Respectable nursing programs in Virginia are not cheap. The cost for completing a nursing degree varies depending on the length of your program, the school you choose and what the training involves.
However, you can expect to gain a superior education that will be of great value to you in establishing a long term career in nursing. Nursing schools in Virginia can help anyone interested in a nursing career get the quality education they need and jump start their nursing career.
List of Good Nursing Schools in Virginia
- Blue Ridge Community College
- Bon Secours Richmond Health System
- Dabney S. Lancaster Community College
- Eastern Mennonite University
- George Mason University
- Germanna Community College-Locust Grove
- Global Health Nurse Training Services
- Hampton University
- James Madison University
- J Sargeant Reynolds Community College
- Jefferson College of Health Sciences
- John Tyler Community College
- Liberty University
- Lifepoint Hospitals, Inc.
- Lynchburg College
- Marymount University
- Norfolk State University
- Norfolk Technical Vocational Center
- Northern Virginia Community College
- Old Dominion University
- Patrick Henry Community College
- Piedmont Virginia Community College
- Radford University
- Riverside Health System
- Sentara Healthcare
- Shenandoah University
- Southside Regional Medical Center
- Thomas Nelson Community College
- Tidewater Community College
- University of Virginia
- University of Virginia-College at Wise
- Virginia Appalachian Tricollege Nursing Program
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Wytheville Community College