Is your bad breath causing problems and embarrassment? Do the people you talk to tend to cringe and back away whenever you speak to them? If so then it is most likely that you may be suffering from bad breath or halitosis. Bad breath is the result of bacteria in your mouth that produces waste right inside your mouth. Sounds kind of nasty but it’s the truth. Odor-causing bacteria are anaerobic, which means they don’t need oxygen to survive.
The bacteria prefer a dry airless environment where they can strive. A good dental routine is very important when trying to fight bad breath because a build up of plaque on the teeth, gums and tongues can distort the mouth’s oxygen ratio, helping the bad guys flourish and making your breath awful. Below are a few bad breath cures to help your breath smell like roses.
1. You are What You Eat – We all know that the foods we eat can make our breath go from sweet to sour in 60 seconds or less. Foods like dairy products, onions, garlic, alcoholic beverages and sugary foods are just a few food items that can cause bad breath. Reducing the intake of such foods can help cure bad breath. Drinking plenty of water is also a good cure for bad breath.
2. Brush and Floss – Your mouth contains millions of bacteria. In fact, there are probably more bacteria colonized in your mouth than there are cells in your entire body. Of the some 700 kinds of bacteria that thrive in the mouth, scientists have identified and studied fewer than half — which makes it difficult to know exactly how to combat the odors that all those bacteria give off as a byproduct when they digest their food. source 
3. Clean Your Tongue – Scientists suspect that some bacteria, particularly bacteria located on the top of your tongue closest to your throat, actually protect against foul-smelling breath. Other types of bacteria, however, produce a pungent odor as they multiply.
What does this research mean for you? The type of bacteria most prevalent on your tongue could mean the difference between good and bad breath. Unfortunately, researchers don’t yet know how to tip the bacterial balance so that you’ll always have naturally sweet-smelling breath. source 
4. Use Nature’s Cures – If you’re serious about combating bad breath, chase your meal with green tea or sip it throughout the day. Green tea helps keep your breath fresh because it has antibacterial compounds that fight the germs in your mouth. Up the ante by using a cinnamon stick to stir your tea; cinnamon has essential oils that fight stinky breath too. source 
5. Quit the Cigarettes– Cigarettes in my opinion has to be the worst thing for your breath. The tobacco and tar that sinks into your gums, teeth, and tongue just leaves your breath smelling rancid. Quitting the smoking habits is not only good for your health but will also do your breath a favor.
Having bad breath can be a very embarrassing problem that affect a lot of people but the good news is there are helpful cures to treat bad breath. Follow some of the bad breath cures mentioned earlier in this article and clean up that dirty mouth for good.